[Xerte-dev] This LDAP query has been sitting in the forum unanswered for 2 1/2 days... not sure why it's been posted in Accessibility though

Smith, John J.J.Smith at gcu.ac.uk
Wed Jul 10 20:52:54 BST 2013

Hi,
We are planning to upgrade to 2.0. We have 2.0(svn r995) installed on a server and LDAP is set up as the same to our existing Xerte system. I had the problem:
- Authentic users from LDAP are able to log onto the new Xerte site, but the user's Firstname and Surname are not written into the logindetails table, therefore it will not show the user's full name on the xerte pages (e.g., user properties).
- If I log in with a non-existing username but with an existing user password, it allows me to log onto the Xerte site, and it's no Firstname and Surname in the logindetails table too.
- Then I give a Firstname/Surname to the user and save it. It's in the database. After I click the login button to log on, the Firstname/Surname are empty again.

Here is the LDAP settings:
Host: the university ldap host name
Port: 389
Password:
Base:
Blind:
Filter: objectClass=person
Second filter: cn=

I have checked the codes from Index.php, Login_library.php, user_libery.php to ldap.php. I don't understand why the "GetFirstname" and "GetSurname" didn't work? Why it allows a non-existing username access? I wonder if anybody could give advice?

Thank you very much.

Can anyone help with these settings? Don't really have much (and by much I mean none) LDAP experience...

Regards,

John Smith | Learning Technologist
Room A251, Govan Mbeki Building | School of Health & Life Sciences | Glasgow Caledonian University
Cowcaddens Road | Glasgow | G4 0BA

Winner: Times Higher Education’s Widening Participation Initiative of the Year 2009 and Herald Society’s Education Initiative of the Year 2009.

Winner: Times Higher Education’s Outstanding Support for Early Career Researchers of the Year 2010, GCU as a lead with Universities Scotland partners.
http://www.gcu.ac.uk/newsevents/news/bycategory/theuniversity/1/name,15691,en.html