[Xerte-dev] Re: Problems with xampp install

David Goodwin david at palepurple.co.uk
Fri Jan 25 11:01:35 GMT 2013

Hi,

Edit config.php and turn off debugging - look for the line which is like :

$development  = true;

and change it to :

$development = false;

That'll make /tmp/debug.log things go away.

The second issue is because the recursion code isn't very good and isn't ignoring '.' directories - like .svn

One fix, is to do an 'svn export' and not an 'svn checkout' or install from the .zip on the website.

If you want to run XOT from an SVN checkout (i.e. ".svn" directories everywhere) then changing the line in config.php which reads :

if($folder!="."&&$folder!="..")

to something like :

if($folder!="."&&$folder!=".."&&$folder!=".svn")

should fix it.

David.

On 25 Jan 2013, at 10:33, Fay Cross <Fay.Cross at nottingham.ac.uk> wrote:

> I’ve just updated my xampp with the most up to date files but it’s throwing up some errors.  I thought I might have deleted something I shouldn’t have done so have tried a fresh install but I am still getting the same problems.
>
> I get these errors at the top of the page (and then the first one repeated about 30 times)...
>

> Warning: touch() [function.touch]: Unable to create file /tmp/debug.log because No such file or directory in C:\xampp\htdocs\xerteonlinetoolkits\functions.php on line 21
>
> Warning: opendir(C:\xampp\htdocs\xerteonlinetoolkits/modules/.svn/templates) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: No such file or directory in C:\xampp\htdocs\xerteonlinetoolkits\config.php on line 124
>
> Warning: readdir() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in C:\xampp\htdocs\xerteonlinetoolkits\config.php on line 126
>
> Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at C:\xampp\htdocs\xerteonlinetoolkits\functions.php:21) inC:\xampp\htdocs\xerteonlinetoolkits\auth_config.php on line 45

Pale Purple Ltd.  (Company No: 5580814)
'Web and Mobile Application Development for Business'

http://www.palepurple.co.uk
Office: 0845 0046746     Mobile: 07792380669

Follow us on Twitter: @PalePurpleLtd