[Xerte-dev] Upcoming changes

Tom Reijnders reijnders at tor.nl
Fri Jan 25 09:19:34 GMT 2013

Julian, Fay,

I've made some changes to XOT, the engine, the wizard, the
MainPreloader, Nottingham/wizards/en-GB/data.xwd and
languages/wizard_en-GB.xml. Specifically the behaviour of languages is
slightly changed (see 3.). I didn't touch the way the language is
selected in the php5 player (yet).

1. Added an optional parameter visuals (Flash Engine Visuals) for the
learningObject in data.xwd. This is exactly the same as the visuals of
IFC (in standalone Xerte). It enables to have a white default player
without the accessibility buttons. I still need to implement a way to
get those back by a key press. It makes the LO easier for children with
ADD or ADHD. The visuals of the learningObject has priority over the
visuals of IFC. It doesn't have any effect on the HTML5 code.

2. Added a parameter language (Language) to the learningObject in
data.xwd. The parameter itself was already in, but you could not edit it.

3. Changed code, so that the language parameter of learningObject has
precedence over the language of LO. This is a change that should be
checked in HTML5.

4. Modified the language selection code of XOT (it now uses the
language-config.xml file to present the available options, and it is
available in the workspace, so now you can cahnge languages even if you
use some kind of integration or guest access. (It used to available on
the login page only)

5. Added a 'LanguageList'type in the wizard. It presents a combobox
populated with the languages in language-config.xml. This is used in 2.

6. Changed the wizard so that the popup messages can be translated as well.

Now, two questions:

1. Are you fine with these changes?
2. Trunk only or 1.91 as well?