[Xerte-dev] Re: xot 1.9 install probs for hosting service

David Goodwin david at palepurple.co.uk
Fri Jan 18 19:46:35 GMT 2013

Oh, well, after extraction from a .zip, the files created will follow whatever your umask (002) is (i.e. as if they were/are chmod 775'ed). They needed to be changed to 777 or 1777. The normal setup routine will check/fix/alert you to this - but as I was doing effectively an in-place upgrade, I didn't notice.

David.

On 18 Jan 2013, at 16:03, Pat Lockley <patrick.lockley at googlemail.com> wrote:

> What user permissions do you set for USER-FILES?
>

> On Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 2:06 PM, David Goodwin <david at palepurple.co.uk> wrote:
> Edit issue fixed - file permissions were incorrect on the USER-FILES directory.
>
> David.
>

>>> What I wondered about was the ‘can’t edit the LO’ thing, because that’s not a flash problem unless I’m misunderstanding the issue.
>>
>> Ah.
>>
>> Sorry…. I've no idea what that is. I thought I could edit fine…. but perhaps I didn't try hard enough.
>

> Pale Purple Ltd.  (Company No: 5580814)
> 'Web and Mobile Application Development for Business'
>
> http://www.palepurple.co.uk
> Office: 0845 0046746     Mobile: 07792380669
>
> Follow us on Twitter: @PalePurpleLtd

Pale Purple Ltd.  (Company No: 5580814)
'Business Web Application Development and Training in PHP'