[Xerte-dev] Re: what's the plan re video for pages like synched video and the plain video page? Also Popcorn example...

Ron Mitchell ronm at mitchellmedia.co.uk
Mon Feb 25 12:38:20 GMT 2013

Hi Thomas
uploading other formats doesn't require ftp - when people are learning they
upload all sorts of formats until they find that they don't work. But those
files do appear in media and quota where you can grab the link and link as
you suggest or even embed with a bit of html.

For me the issue isn't really about simple playback - those clips should
really be uploaded to a streaming service anyway. But the synched video page
obviously adds some value and interaction so I think a solution for that
would be useful.