[Xerte-dev] Re: Nomenclature

Mark Berthelemy mberthelemy at wyversolutions.co.uk
Tue Dec 3 20:01:06 GMT 2013

Thanks Pat,

So, tell me if I've got this wrong…

1) You would use a different template if you wanted to create a set of Learning Objects with a different look and feel? eg. one for one department and one for another? Although it would seem that a template is more than just a "theme pack", given that it contains functionality (ie. page types).

Can 2 templates share the same set of page types? ie. separating presentation from functionality.

2) A load of files from the parent_template are copied to USER_FILES for each new project. Which means that, if I update the parent_template after a project is started the project won't change?

I thought the USER_FILES were just that - containing the files uploaded by the users for each project.

I can see why renaming folders to SCORM might cause a problem later down the line. I'm just trying to find a better name than Xerte. The site module tells you what it's for.

Cheers,

Mark

--
Mark Berthelemy
Managing Director

Wyver Solutions Ltd | Company number: 5731173 Registered in England | Registered address: First Floor, 6 Bridge Street, Belper, Derbyshire, DE56 1AX