[Xerte-dev] Re: Anyone with MySQL experience? Problem on the Forum connecting to the database at step4 of setup

Smith, John J.J.Smith at gcu.ac.uk
Thu Aug 15 10:00:33 BST 2013

We are at a loss...

There was apparently a security breach on the server last year and a company implemented some security measures... Not sure if it is related but has caused some other install issues...

He assures us that compress and something else on the same server all connect fine and are using the exact same details as he has tried for xerte.

Regards

John Smith
Learning Technologist
School of Health and Life Sciences

Sent from Samsung Galaxy SII

David Goodwin <david at palepurple.co.uk> wrote:

I wonder if it's an issue between localhost resolving as :::1 (or whatever IPv6 uses) and 127.0.0.1 (ipv4) ….

I'd suggest they only use 127.0.0.1 to rule out that perhaps.

David.

On 13 Aug 2013, at 14:51, "Smith, John" <J.J.Smith at gcu.ac.uk> wrote:

> Hi,n't
>
> Is anyone able to take a look? I have exhausted my knowledge of database permissions. As you can see he is getting connected to MySQL now but being refused access to the database
>
> http://www.xerte.org.uk/index.php?option=com_kunena&view=topic&catid=2&id=104&Itemid=207&lang=en&limitstart=36
>
> Regards,

Pale Purple Ltd.  (Company No: 5580814)
'Web and Mobile Application Development for Business'

http://www.palepurple.co.uk
Office: 0845 0046746     Mobile: 07792380669

Follow us on Twitter: @PalePurpleLtd