[Xerte-dev] Re: Anyone with MySQL experience? Problem on the Forum connecting to the database at step4 of setup

David Goodwin david at palepurple.co.uk
Thu Aug 15 09:52:02 BST 2013

I wonder if it's an issue between localhost resolving as :::1 (or whatever IPv6 uses) and 127.0.0.1 (ipv4) ….

I'd suggest they only use 127.0.0.1 to rule out that perhaps.

David.

On 13 Aug 2013, at 14:51, "Smith, John" <J.J.Smith at gcu.ac.uk> wrote:

> Hi,n't
>
> Is anyone able to take a look? I have exhausted my knowledge of database permissions. As you can see he is getting connected to MySQL now but being refused access to the database
>
> http://www.xerte.org.uk/index.php?option=com_kunena&view=topic&catid=2&id=104&Itemid=207&lang=en&limitstart=36
>
> Regards,

Pale Purple Ltd.  (Company No: 5580814)
'Web and Mobile Application Development for Business'

http://www.palepurple.co.uk
Office: 0845 0046746     Mobile: 07792380669

Follow us on Twitter: @PalePurpleLtd