[Xerte-dev] GitHub and Git-flow Guide

Julian Tenney Julian.Tenney at nottingham.ac.uk
Mon Aug 12 15:15:14 BST 2013

There is a new xerteonlinetoolkits at github (which is a rebuild and you should re-clone it, if you cloned the old one, as I deleted that one and then imported the svn properly with all the history). Clone it here: https://github.com/thexerteproject/xerteonlinetoolkits.git

There is a good guide to using git-flow using source tree here: http://blog.sourcetreeapp.com/2012/08/01/smart-branching-with-sourcetree-and-git-flow/. It seems like a good process for us, and I propose we adopt it. I'll write a guide to using it in our project for would-be developers, and put it on the github web pages / wiki.

We need to set a date when we will actually make the switch: can we do it right now?