[Xerte-dev] Re: Idiots guide wanted to add optional property to wizard

Smith, John J.J.Smith at gcu.ac.uk
Fri Apr 26 16:48:04 BST 2013

Thanks Ron,

Hopefully what Johnathan sent me will allow me to do what I think I want.

Yes this is for bookmarking as an end user, if you have a long LO then as you progress the url will change to include a hash #page_number after the url (like section linking within a webpage), without the url refreshing. So I'd like to be able to have to force it on in the wizard so as not to be there for any existing LOs. That's why it will need an slight change to the wizard and to xenith.js. It will mean users can bookmark and leave and then return to the bookmark at a later date which for Long LOs might be very useful. I know you could split them but perhaps not best in all situations...

Will mock this up and see if it works in real life as I imagine it in my head...

Also, I don't think the hashes are sent server side so shouldn't affect the .htaccess at all.

Regards,

John Smith
Learning Technologist
School of Health & Life Sciences