[Xerte-dev] Re: Modules and htaccess

Tom Reijnders reijnders at tor.nl
Mon Apr 15 10:54:12 BST 2013

Op 15-4-2013 11:26, Julian Tenney schreef:

> Tom, this is absolutely brilliant, thank you so much for all the work
> you've put into this, I'm knocked out.
>
> Do you think we should show the whole URL for the alternative player
> in the Project tab?

Don't know. I dodn't change it yet, but honestly I think we should leave
that out completely rather then showing it.

> It always has the html5 stub -- should it offer the flash version if
> html5 is selected?

Yes, if we decide to keep the link to the alternative player in there,
absolutely.

> Should we be consistent in the language used: the option you tick is
> 'JavaScript (aka HTML5)', later you refer to HTML 5. I'm thinking that
> this is martian to some people... also, maybe some explanation, along
> the lines of
>
> HTML5: Compatible with all devices. Unless you need to deploy to
> Flash, use this version.
>
> Flash:  Not compatible with iPads, iPhones and some Android tablets
> and phones. This version is being phased out.
>
> Or similar?

Agree, but then we should take the time to check it everywhere, and I
didn't do that yet.

> The iFrame code isn't quite large enough in firefox when you embed...

Yes, I noticed that as well. I'll check.