[Xerte-dev] Re: Change Nottingham in folder structure

Julian Tenney Julian.Tenney at nottingham.ac.uk
Tue Apr 9 22:07:35 BST 2013

I checked it in
From: xerte-dev-bounces at lists.nottingham.ac.uk [xerte-dev-bounces at lists.nottingham.ac.uk] On Behalf Of Dave Burnett [d_b_burnett at hotmail.com]
Sent: 09 April 2013 19:02
To: For Xerte technical developers
Subject: [Xerte-dev] Re: Change Nottingham in folder structure

It might not be that simple.
Julian had a "b" of a time getting attached page synchronization to work and we're not sure if my fix would have a negative effect on that side of things.

We may fix one thing and break another. :-/

XMLEngine.fla
frame 1
line 4731

Changed this

if (this._parent.sound.duration == this._parent.sound.position) {

if ((this._parent.sound.duration != 0) && (this._parent.sound.duration == this._parent.sound.position)) {

It looks like server latency causes an initial value of 0 to be read for both audio duration and position.
That causes the Wait frame loop to exit()  instead of waiting.
So we added the duration != 0 condition to block that behavior.