[Xerte-dev] Re: Modules and htaccess

Smith, John J.J.Smith at gcu.ac.uk
Tue Apr 9 17:24:54 BST 2013

Howdy

I personally  think you need to run everything through the same page, with parameters. Its the only way you can prevent worsening the situation 12 months down the line where we have many deployed play urls which have to be maintained... Plan to deprecate play_html5 and then people can rewrite that page to your main play.php page with method=html or even duplicate the main play.php file as play_html5 if they must.

Begs the question - should we drop references to html5 and just call it html -  what happens if they release html6 in a few years?

Regards

John Smith
Learning Technologist
School of Health and Life Sciences

Sent from Samsung Galaxy SII

"Pat @ Pgogy" <xerte at pgogywebstuff.com> wrote:

Could we use the following URL structure?

Can the play URL be

Play.php?template_id=560
And
Play.php?template_id=560&method=HTML