[Xerte-dev] Re: Connectors and xwds

Kemp Johnathan johnathan.kemp at ntlworld.com
Fri Apr 5 16:24:57 BST 2013

The xwd files with the _XOT addition are not just for Xerte Online
Toolkits, they are also for use in projects that are of the Page Templates
type (they use an rlt rather than an rlo file).

The _XOT xwds use the pagelist control as a full list of pages in the
project can be derived from the single project xml file. This information
is not available for desktop Xerte projects that use an .rlo file so they
have to resort to the original approach of the user defining a page ID for
each page that they want to connect to, and then using that page ID when
specifying the connection in the connector pages form.

The automatic xwd builder i.e. the script that builds template.xwd (or
data.xwd) should only build a single xwd file that uses the version of the
xwds that are appropriate to XOt / page templates projects. Where there are
two versions of the xwd file e.g. cMcq.xwd and cMcq_XOT.xwd the builder
script should be able to identify which files to exclude by the existence
of an attribute in the top level <wizard > tag

desktop Xerte only xwds contain
<wizard restrict="develop" >

XOT / page templates only xwds contain
<wizard restrict="template" >