[Xerte-dev] SCORM tracking

Tom Reijnders reijnders at tor.nl
Fri Apr 5 14:40:10 BST 2013

I just committed the second stage of SCORM tracking work

- quiz tracking is enabled again, but it doesn't look at/ need the
optional parameters at all. At the moment the tracking is enabled when a
scorm package is exported. Also, you now can have two quizes (quizzes?)
in a LO. The total result will be the weighted average.

I want to get rid of the quiz parameters dealing with scorm and replace
the quiz specific optional scorm tracking parameters with optional LO
scorm parameters:
  - Do not track at all
  - Do minimal tracking, ie. only final score
  - Do full tracking with times spent in all pages, scores on individual
questions, etc.

Mind you, this is still work in progress, and I am testing in all kinds
of scorm environments at the moment.

Primary goall: robustness.

Another goal is to be able to use a LO from XOT as a SCORM LO, i.e.

When you have xot and moodle installed next to each other (with moodle
integration), create a scorm manifest that uses the LO from XOT, without
export. Much easier to maintain, but there are some gotchas there.  To
be continued.