[Xerte-dev] Connectors and xwds

Fay Cross Fay.Cross at nottingham.ac.uk
Fri Apr 5 14:38:18 BST 2013

Hello

I've just finished converting the connector pages to HTML5 and a few issues have come up with the xwds.  The connector pages are supposed to give different options in the wizard depending on whether you're using desktop or xot.  In the xerte svn there are two xwds for each connector page (e.g. cMcq.xwd and cMcq_XOT.xwd) reflecting these differences.  When you build template.xwd it uses the desktop versions (e.g. cMcq.xwd) but this is the file that's then copied over to the toolkits svn when any xwd changes are made.

So, is it possible to have the automatic xwd builder create two xwds? One that works as it does now and the other that uses files ending in _XOT if there is one (this one is the one to copy over to the toolkits svn).  Or are the differences between the two versions of xwds for connectors actually important?  Am I just getting extra options in xot that don't do anything or am I missing out on important options too? Is it likely to cause confusion if it's left as it is?

Fay