[Xerte-dev] Re: INtroducing: Simon Atack

Ron Mitchell ronm at mitchellmedia.co.uk
Mon Sep 24 15:06:25 BST 2012

Welcome Simon!

Reading between the lines if this means you are working on LTI integration
between XOT and the Moodle 'external tool' functionality I could see that
being a very useful and popular extension to the way XOT gets used within
organisations as well as between organisations?

If you're already on this dev list you may have seen my link to a titanpad
where I've been trying to collate a list of new features and recent
developments. http://titanpad.com/xertenewfeatures

If you add anything new it would be good if you could list that in the
titanpad too.

One of the new features that I haven't added in that list is the database
authentication option. The reason I haven't mentioned that is because it
really needs the ability to add and manage accounts complete with encrypted
passwords etc for it to be of use to people. Thomas previously raised some
questions after looking at that so if you are working on this side of things
it would be good to discuss if this can be extended to facilitate
self-contained account creation and management etc.

The two days on 10th and 11th should be really good - look forward to seeing
everyone there!

Ron