[Xerte-dev] Re: Meeting in October

Kemp Johnathan johnathan.kemp at ntlworld.com
Tue Sep 11 13:58:53 BST 2012

Not sure yet, we need to firm up the arrangements / schedule. How long
would you want?

Sorry for the delay in replying. I have been thinking through what would be
the best way of presenting the Connector pages. I want to avoid a tour
through the features of each page as this information would soon be
forgotten and it is all available in the documentation I produced. I would
prefer to look at the types of projects you can create as this will get
people thinking more about how they might make use of the Connector pages.

   - Standard sequential projects that make use of Connector pages but do
   not set up specific routes through a project.
   - Projects that only contain Connector pages and hence have multiple
   routes through the project.
   - Projects that mix ordinary pages and Connector pages but use the
   Connector pages to set up alternative routes through the project.

These projects tend to lend themselves to different Connector pages and
present different issues to the Author.

I am thinking about half an hour should cover it if that is acceptable.

The target audience being Authors rather than Developers.

I noticed in the Meeting Agenda that the Connector pages are listing for
Day 2. Whilst there are issues that would benefit from discussion in the
Developer context such as the possible use of a historic back button and
what options should the author have to enable /  disable navigation buttons
this needs to be informed to some degree by the feelings of the authoring
community and they have yet to get to grips with these page types.

Is it still intended that I present the Connector pages on Day one as part
of the agenda that introduces the New Templates in XOT 1.8 as this only has
Ron's name against it?