[Xerte-dev] Re: [Xerte] Re: plain text connector page problem in XOT

Ron Mitchell ronm at mitchellmedia.co.uk
Mon Oct 29 21:58:12 GMT 2012

> I'm sort of confused as to why some here are so adamant about including
page connectors with a base install.

We're not trying to take them away.

The FWS need applies to quite a lot of people who install XOT too. Tweaking
xwd's is beyond what some will do.

They don't access the SVN only the zip download - which is already 1.8 and
already includes the connectors apart from Scenario as part of the base
install and 'official release'

If a future release or update provides options for easily
including/excluding page types via management etc and then a base + options
feature or even more modularity great! I think Tom already has most of that
ready to go for 1.8 but not yet part of management. Pat obviously has even
further modularity in 1.9.

There was a lot of interest in connectors at the agm. My point is simply
that the lack of clarity about use of page ID and debate about navigation
can be resolved with help and improvements/changes not by removing the
connectors from base 1.8 install when there isn't a current FWS option for
enabling/disabling them.