[Xerte-dev] Re: LTI Provider

Ron Mitchell ronm at mitchellmedia.co.uk
Mon Oct 8 17:20:51 BST 2012

Hi Simon

I've been going round and round the houses with this nearly all day :-( and
discovered there's a problem with my initial localhost test too. Here's what
happens locally and with your latest code in place...

1. I removed the external tool configuration from my localhost moodle 2
install and also removed all lti_resource and lti_user entries in the
newxottrunktest I've been using for testing as well as the moodle course
activities - so effectively starting again from scratch. The newxottrunktest
is using static for authentication.

2. Configured the external tool via moodle admin

3. Add an external tool activity in a moodle course and prompted to login to
newxottrunktest and select an LO - all fine at this point.

4. Close all browser windows and re-visit the Moodle course then click the
previous external activity link  - with the error reporting lines in place I
get the following:

Notice: Undefined index: toolkits_logon_username in
C:\xampp\htdocs\newxottrunktest\website_code\php\user_library.php on line 37

Notice: Undefined index: toolkits_logon_username in
C:\xampp\htdocs\newxottrunktest\website_code\php\user_library.php on line 42

Fatal error: Call to a member function getFirstname() on a non-object in
C:\xampp\htdocs\newxottrunktest\website_code\php\login_library.php on line
352

So for me it's working when initially set up and logged in but upon closing
all browsers and logging in again it's broken. I was able to replicate the
same issue with the Centos installations too.

The other issue about not being able to see the option to add an LTI Key may
be related to the fact that the XOT installation I was using was using
Moodle for authentication. On the same server I've added a new test
installation using static for authentication and can see the option to add a
new key with that. I'll revisit that and confirm at some point but
interested to hear your thoughts on the main issue first.

Cheers

Ron