[Xerte-dev] Re: Mapstraction page?

Ron Mitchell ronm at mitchellmedia.co.uk
Fri Oct 5 14:20:16 BST 2012

Yeah I can do that although I guess it might quickly exceed the allowed hits
if used by too many so a guide to registering a replacement would be needed
but I'd like to get it working first...

I tried it with Fiddler and it was failing with the following:

404        HTTP      vle.jisctechdis.ac.uk
/xot/mapstraction/mxn.js?(google,%20yahoo,%20microsoft,%20openlayers)

The current mapstraction.htm file in the xot svn has the following:

<!--<script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8"
src="http://mapstraction.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/source/mxn.js?(google,
yahoo, microsoft, openlayers)"></script>-->

  <script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8" src="mxn.js?(google, yahoo,
microsoft, openlayers)"></script>

and the local file doesn't exist so I changed things so that it looks for
http://mapstraction.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/source/mxn.js and verify that
file exists but I'm still getting a blank page :-(

any ideas?