[Xerte-dev] Re: Fusing 2 items

Kemp Johnathan johnathan.kemp at ntlworld.com
Wed Oct 3 13:10:52 BST 2012

Hello Dave,

The following should give an example of adding an extra text field to the
image viewer wizard.

<wizard menus="Media">
<pageWizard remove="true" duplicate="false">
<newNodes>
<imageViewer><![CDATA[<imageViewer name="Enter Page Title" align="Left"
url="Select an Image"
moveTip="Move"
zoomInTip="Zoom In"
zoomOutTip="Zoom Out"
selectAreaTip="Select Area"
resetImageTip="Reset Image"
toggleScreenTip="Toggle Full Screen"
newTextField="Enter some new text"
>Enter text for the page here</imageViewer>]]></imageViewer>
</newNodes>
</pageWizard>

<!-- IMAGE VIEWER========================================== -->
<imageViewer menu="Media" menuItem="Image Viewer" hint="Allows a user to
zoom in and out of a large image and select regions. Useful way of
presenting large images in a small screen space." icon="icImage"
thumb="thumbs/imageViewer.jpg" label="Page Text" type="text" height="250"
remove="true">

<name label="Page Title" type="TextInput" />
<align label="Align Text" options="Left,Right,Top,Bottom" type="ComboBox"
data="Left,Right,Top,Bottom" defaultValue="Left" width="100"/>
<url label="Image" type="media" />

<moveTip label="Move Button Tip" type="textInput" divider="true"
language="true" />
<zoomInTip label="Zoom In Button Tip" type="textInput" language="true" />
<zoomOutTip label="Zoom Out Button Tip" type="textInput" language="true" />
<selectAreaTip label="Select Button Tip" type="textInput" language="true" />
<resetImageTip label="Reset Button Tip" type="textInput" language="true" />
<toggleScreenTip label="Toggle Button Tip" type="textInput" language="true"
/>
 <newTextField label="New Text" type="TextInput" />

<narrationNavigate label="Navigate on narration" type="CheckBox"
defaultValue="false" optional="true"/>
<playNarration label="Auto-play narration" type="CheckBox"
defaultValue="false" optional="true"/>
<narration label="Narration" type="media" optional="true"/>
<pageID label="Page ID" defaultValue="Unique ID for this page"
type="TextInput" optional="true" />

</imageViewer>

</wizard>

The entry in the new nodes section defines some default data to be added
when the imageViewer xml is created.
The entry in the main <imageViewer> </imageViewer> section defines the
element in the form, which will only be displayed if there is a matching
data item in the xlm (which will be there because of the first blue entry
above in the newNodes section).