[Xerte-dev] LTI Provider

Simon Atack Simon.Atack at nottingham.ac.uk
Tue Oct 2 17:13:39 BST 2012

First thank you all for the welcome.

Yesterday I submitted to svn the LTI Provider integration function I have been working on.  This allow you to have launch Xerte from within a VLE giving single sign on etc (In moodle this is the External Tool activity plugin).

It handles the association between the LTI userid & the Xerte username (and allows regular re-authentication) and then if staff lets you select the  project you want to associate the link with, and then displays the project for subsequent launches of the link.  It also includes LTI Key/Secret Management in the main Xerte management interface.

I have tested it myself on my local box with a fresh install of Xerte (configured for LDAP authentication) and Moodle 2.2.2+.  I have tried to keep the changes as few as possible to integrate it in (I have extended a couple of functions to support extra parameters as well as factoring some repeated lines into functions so there is only 1 copy doing anything).  It would be really useful if others could download it,  test it out and give feedback.

There is a very brief documentation file LTI Documentation.txt included with a brief note of what you need to do, anyone having problems/or trouble understanding how to get it working please get it touch.

The LTI library is based off the IMS sample code for LTI in php and extended by UoN and has been used in the Rogo OSS project.

Thanks

Simon