[Xerte-dev] media file option

Ron Mitchell ronm at mitchellmedia.co.uk
Tue Oct 2 14:43:41 BST 2012

Hi

if I add a media file option (.flv video) to a learning object icon optional
properties and the view the LO locally via index.htm when I click the media
file icon in the top bar I get a pop up where the video should play but I
get the following warning:

Media Viewer

You do not have Adobe Flash installed.

This happens regardless of browser used.

The same LO with the option added works fine online from XOT so I'm not sure
why it can't find flash when viewed locally? It doesn't appear to be a flash
player security option because the path/drive is correctly added. Any ideas?
Does this work locally for others?

Cheers