[Xerte-dev] Re: 1.9

Julian Tenney Julian.Tenney at nottingham.ac.uk
Fri Nov 23 10:31:28 GMT 2012

Fair enough.

From: xerte-dev-bounces at lists.nottingham.ac.uk [mailto:xerte-dev-bounces at lists.nottingham.ac.uk] On Behalf Of Pat Lockley
Sent: 23 November 2012 10:31
To: For Xerte technical developers
Subject: [Xerte-dev] Re: 1.9

Yes, I am lazy

On Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 10:30 AM, Julian Tenney <Julian.Tenney at nottingham.ac.uk<mailto:Julian.Tenney at nottingham.ac.uk>> wrote:
> a .info doesn't exist for RSS
Is there a reason for that?

From: xerte-dev-bounces at lists.nottingham.ac.uk<mailto:xerte-dev-bounces at lists.nottingham.ac.uk> [mailto:xerte-dev-bounces at lists.nottingham.ac.uk<mailto:xerte-dev-bounces at lists.nottingham.ac.uk>] On Behalf Of Pat Lockley
Sent: 23 November 2012 09:37

To: For Xerte technical developers

The differences are

In config.php is a script which loops over the modules folders and builds an object called "learning objects" which contains data for each learning object the system supports (see modules/xerte/Nottingham/Nottingham.info - NOTE a .info doesn't exist for RSS).

This creates a set of properties for each learningobject

When the workspace is drawn a new property is added to each project which is the name of the template used for that project "xerte_nottingham".

So when you click edit or preview, it checks for this property, and then refers to the learning object object for the size of the editor and preview windows (different editors can be different sizes).

Export has been moved into modules/xerte

Publish has been altered slightly to support different file names (as I don't use XML for my files, so preview.xml is a bit useless).

it never references modules/xerte anymore

Deletion is also now modularised as well

Basically, code has been copied and pasted into new areas.