[Xerte-dev] Import/Export Problems

Thomas Rochford thomas.rochford at jiscadvance.ac.uk
Wed Nov 21 13:06:21 GMT 2012

Good Afternoon,

Funding has now been re-allocated within RSC-Eastern and this means that I
will now be undertaking some Xerte Training in the Eastern Region and I am
therefore about to start work on Updating MAXOS.

The previous version of 1.8 which I downloaded and used to create the USB
stick that I brought to Nottingham did not effectively support Exporting and
Importing files. I demonstrated this problem to Tom and to Julian while I
was at the 'Nonference' there. I have seen some correspondence on the
subject on this list, but cannot recall seeing whether or not the problem
has now been definitively fixed and whether the version on the Nottingham
download page includes the bug-fixes.

It's not going to be much use getting academics to develop materials on a
USB stick if they are then unable to upload the files to their VLE, or share
them physically with colleagues so, before embarking on creating a new
version, I thought I better check the current situation and, if a fix has
been developed, whether the publicly available versions include this or
whether it's only available on the SVN.

Can any of you enlighten me please?

Kindest Regards,

Thomas

Thomas Rochford, e-Learning Advisor, JISC Regional Support Centre - Eastern

Tel: 07500 669002, 01223 564749

Eml: thomas.rochford at jiscadvance.ac.uk,

Skype: cambridge.serendipity

RSCs - Stimulating and Supporting Innovation in Learning

RSC Eastern welcomes feedback on our services via support at rsc-eastern.ac.uk

e-mail