[Xerte-dev] Re: HTML5 Youtube.html model

Julian Tenney Julian.Tenney at nottingham.ac.uk
Wed Nov 21 13:06:15 GMT 2012

Generally we have used the design principle to put the user in control of playback, so generally don't auto play media. But someone will give me a good use case ;-) The thing here is to try and make it hard for people to use badly, so this is probably optional, rather than on the main form so that people can go 'ohh, yeah, that will make them watch it...' and turn it on without a really good reason.

Can see hiding related videos as useful. I'm not sure we can always retrofit every new setting to the old world - if old stuff keeps working as it did, and new stuff has new options, I don't see a problem. This fits with my idea of flagging new content with a LO property playback="html" so new content is HTML by default, old content remains flash (but upgradeable)