[Xerte-dev] Re: Connector update

Kemp Johnathan johnathan.kemp at ntlworld.com
Mon Nov 19 11:35:28 GMT 2012

The question may be "How many people are using the latest version of Xerte"

After the build up over the Pages projects followed by the confusing menu
options that make it anything but clear how to go about using the new
feature I think few developers using Xerte would have taken the latest
version.

A better guide might be to fix the menu navigation so that File / New /

gives you three clear options
 Standard Xerte Project
 Pages Project (Page Templates and Editor Access)
 Page Templates Project (XOT Style)

Add the tidied up Connector pages and historic navigation and then
publicise the release and count the downloads.
If you get little recorded take up them it would be a good reason to
announce that this was the final version of Xerte, or alternatively to do
an "Adobe" and release Xerte to the community (i.e. no further development
unless done by others other than Nottingham)

At least Xerte's last version would be nicely rounded off.

It may be that few people are now using Xerte but I don't think we really
know how widely it is used.

The recent AGM was primarily a XOT AGM plus a day for people who wanted to
get involved, rather than a Xerte users AGM.

JK