[Xerte-dev] Re: 1.9 Release

Smith, John J.J.Smith at gcu.ac.uk
Mon Nov 12 11:53:36 GMT 2012

Hi Ron,

Yes, I'll take another look at it when my head is clear but I suspect it could be a timing issue as Pat suggests. I was thinking about it and there isa second pause already in some browsers before it changes page, rather than just increase this delay we could perhaps shorten it and then have it fire the page change code up to 5 times over a few seconds. If the page then changes then the rest are cancelled. Not sure if that is even possible with the current code but that's how I've coped with similar inconsistent timings in the past.

As for Xenith, I don't see it being any problem to implement, just a matter of finding the page and changing the currentPage variable to reflect this , but I just want to try to ensure a little consistency in the naming conventions so I'll follow on from what you are using when you commit your code code...

Regards,

John Smith
Learning Technologist
School of Health & Life Sciences