[Xerte-dev] Re: Invalid character breaking data.xml parsing (and therefore export)

Tom Reijnders reijnders at tor.nl
Tue Nov 6 11:56:31 GMT 2012

No, the  lne endings are not DOS.... they seem to be DOS on Linux because of the ˆM characters, but they are MacOS line-endings.

Really, whoever thought of this should be shot....

Linux/Unix uses \n (or ASCII 10, or ˆJ, or newline)
MacOS  uses \r (or ASCII 13, or ˆM, or return)
and DOS uses \n\r (or ASCII 10, followed by ASCII 13, return)

ˆA is ASCII 1, not a space in Windows....

Tom

--
Verzonden van mijn Android telefoon met K-9 Mail.