[Xerte-dev] Re: Invalid character breaking data.xml parsing (and therefore export)

David Goodwin david at palepurple.co.uk
Tue Nov 6 11:53:47 GMT 2012

On 6 Nov 2012, at 11:49, Tom Reijnders <reijnders at tor.nl> wrote:

> Havenˋt seen this one before....
>
> The data.xml is created by wizard.swf, and it uses the xml functions of flash to create that file, and weˋ ve had probles before with porely escaped characters....
>
> I donˋ t know where ˆA is coming frm though, it is assumed to represent ascii character 1, but that doesnˋt make sense at all in this context.
>
> Can you send a .zip of the LO thatˋs causing this, then I can figure out which page type is doing that, and try to see whatˋs giong on in the flash code....

It's 40mb in size after compressing. I'll send you a link to it off-list as I'm not sure the creator would be happy for the LO to leak out into the world….

David.

Pale Purple Ltd.  (Company No: 5580814)
'Web and Mobile Application Development for Business'

http://www.palepurple.co.uk
Office: 0845 0046746     Mobile: 07792380669

Follow us on Twitter: @PalePurpleLtd