[Xerte-dev] Re: Invalid character breaking data.xml parsing (and therefore export)

David Goodwin david at palepurple.co.uk
Tue Nov 6 11:49:44 GMT 2012

On 6 Nov 2012, at 11:43, Pat Lockley <patrick.lockley at googlemail.com> wrote:

> is ^A not whitespace on windows?

I've no idea. I'm not a Windows person.

I know the data.xml is encoded/saved with DOS style line endings.

Should XOT try and validate whatever XML is passed into it when the editor calls save on it and reject (?) it if invalid? Alternatively I suppose I could run iconv (or similar) over the xml file and try to remove any invalid characters?

What PHP file is called when the flash editor asks to save?

David.

Pale Purple Ltd.  (Company No: 5580814)
'Web and Mobile Application Development for Business'

http://www.palepurple.co.uk
Office: 0845 0046746     Mobile: 07792380669

Follow us on Twitter: @PalePurpleLtd