[Xerte-dev] QRcode page for html5 version

Ron Mitchell ronm at mitchellmedia.co.uk
Thu Nov 1 13:03:44 GMT 2012

Hi Fay

like Jonathan I thought I'd have a go with the html5 stuff and at converting
one of the pages you haven't yet converted. As the QR code page was one I
put together I thought I'd have a go at that. I used your textGraphics.html
page as a starting point and have this working reasonably well as far as I
can tell but have attached a copy here rather than committing it for now.

The bit I haven't got working and haven't even tried yet is how to grab the
short url. In the flash version I used readfile() and in the case of xot use
it together with rssproxy e.g.

myurl.readFile(_level0.site_url + 'rss_proxy.php?rss=' +
"http://is.gd/api.php?longurl="+pastedurl);

my question is what's the equivalent of readFile for use with the xenith
code? e.g. to read and display the result of something like
http://is.gd/api.php?longurl="http://nottingham.ac.uk/xerte" which just
displays the text on screen

Cheers