[Xerte-dev] Re: Video and subtitles from external file in Xenith project

Fay Cross Fay.Cross at nottingham.ac.uk
Wed May 30 10:43:47 BST 2012

From: xerte-dev-bounces at lists.nottingham.ac.uk [mailto:xerte-dev-bounces at lists.nottingham.ac.uk] On Behalf Of Fay Cross
Sent: 30 May 2012 10:37
To: For Xerte technical developers
Subject: [Xerte-dev] Re: Video and subtitles from external file in Xenith project

Hi Johnathan

The HTML5 version will support mp4, ogg and webm file types.  It will also support the flvs that we currently use but these will obviously need flash so won't work on iPads etc.

I have made a simple tool that will make a timed transcript files to go with audio / video files - I'll send you it in a sec.

Not sure about the best way to convert files at the moment though.

Fay