[Xerte-dev] Re: new release of Windows Xerte (Was: any updated code to add to the test server?)

Julian Tenney Julian.Tenney at nottingham.ac.uk
Thu May 24 15:02:57 BST 2012

Got the checkbox thing: it's setLabel(), not .label. I know, the help says .label. Grr.

Can you expand ion this a little bit / pseudo code it for me? There's no problem swapping things around, as long as (obviously) you don't load XMLEngine until last, it will expect the content XML to be there when it loads up.
1. When previewing, the engine doesn't switch language. I suppose preview.fla needs editing, but it differs too much from MainPrelaoder that I did not dare to touch it without understanding it a bit better.  I assume this is built right into the xerte executable, so I can't test this, I can't build the Xerte.exe. MainPreloader first loads the xml, and than the language files. That's convenient , because now I can pickup the language attribute from the learningObject. preview.fla loads the language config first and than the xml, but I don't know whether it is safe to change that, and like I said, I can't test it