[Xerte-dev] Re: LDAP authentication problems at EFC Resolved

David Goodwin david at palepurple.co.uk
Thu May 17 15:35:57 BST 2012

On 17 May 2012, at 15:27, Thomas Rochford wrote:

> Hi Dave,
>
> Thank you for this.
>
> I've had a look and the 'offending' line is there at line 113. I don't think
> it's a good idea to hard code this. I suggest the search filter/attributes
> should be read from the database, so as to allow for user configuration.
> 'array("sAMAccountName","objectclass","cn")' should probably be the
> default/recommendation for AD, whereas the supplied mapping may be better
> for LDAP.

Yes; I agree - hence my hope is to make the authentication parameters part of the setup wizard - and so on….

Not there yet though

David.

Pale Purple Ltd.  (Company No: 5580814)
'Business Web Application Development and Training in PHP'

http://www.palepurple.co.uk
Office: 0845 0046746     Mobile: 07792380669

Follow us on Twitter: @PalePurpleLtd