[Xerte-dev] Re: Export Code (commit of fixes)

David Goodwin david at palepurple.co.uk
Thu May 3 17:25:19 BST 2012

On 3 May 2012, at 16:24, Tom Reijnders wrote:

> I just committed an update to the export code:
>
> Fixes and additions for export
> - Should copy all the language .xml files from the top of the /language folder
> - Should enable scorm2004 compliant export
> - Should copy JMolViewer and/or mapstraction folders if and only if those models are used
> - Should ONLY export the used media, the rest is not copied
> - small fixes in htaccess.conf
> - small fixes in library/Xerte/Authentication/Db.php
> - get rid of superfuous scorm files
> - move MainPreloader.swf, rloObject.js and resources.swf out of scorm in in their own folder (modules/xerte/export)
>

> I wonder whether we should prevent exporting the thumbs folder as well...
>
> David (Goodwin), I used the Db method and had to fix two typos. Comitted thos as well. BTW, with the current code it is NOT that easy to set a password in the database... ;-)

Yeah - I know.... that needs consideration - and presumably integration into management.php or something like that.

The whole thing of e.g. what salt to use or what hash to use, or what options need passing to Moodle (e.g. Ron's restriction by roles) implies that the authentication agent(s) need a setOptions(array $x) method, and some way of defining/passing these in during setup (Which shouldn't be too hard).

So -

  * Each 'agent' has it's own set of options (store as serialised PHP in the db somewhere)
  * Each 'agent' has inbuilt functionality to allow the admin to edit/set/view the options (presumably render a zend_form instance, or just echo out html... whatever).
  * When instantiating the agent, configure it with the options which are stashed in the DB.

I've just got to pull my finger out and try and do something for this (I know how; I just need to find the time to do it)

David.

Pale Purple Ltd.  (Company No: 5580814)
'Business Web Application Development and Training in PHP'

http://www.palepurple.co.uk
Office: 0845 0046746     Mobile: 07792380669

Follow us on Twitter: @PalePurpleLtd