[Xerte-dev] Problem running javascript in beta of desktop Xerte

Kemp Johnathan johnathan.kemp at ntlworld.com
Wed May 2 18:50:55 BST 2012

I have converted the models for the youtube pages for desktop use.

However I am finding that I cannot get even a simple

callJS('alert','hello');

to function in my published project, so I can't see much chance of being
able to test the youtube model files.

I hit this issue a while back when some changes to I think it was the
XMLengine.swf were made.

At the time I was developing the code to allow users to specify a page ID
in a url so that they could open a Xerte / XOT project at a specific page.

I hit some inconsistencies between browsers and then I reached a point when
I could no longer run any javascript calls.

I have updated to the latest XMLengine.swf.

Is anyone else experiencing similar javascript problems with the beta
desktop files?