[Xerte-dev] Re: Export Code

David Goodwin david at palepurple.co.uk
Wed May 2 11:02:17 BST 2012

On 2 May 2012, at 10:57, Thomas Rochford wrote:

> My View is that as much as possible should be stored in the database, this
> will make it much simpler to install patches without the hassle of
> overwriting local customisation. (Assuming the database structure is likely
> to remain stable for the foreseeable future :-)!)

Nothing stays fixed - hence 'upgrade.php' which should be used to apply schema changes etc.

David

Pale Purple Ltd.  (Company No: 5580814)
'Business Web Application Development and Training in PHP'

http://www.palepurple.co.uk
Office: 0845 0046746     Mobile: 07792380669

Follow us on Twitter: @PalePurpleLtd