[Xerte-dev] Re: Proxies

David Goodwin david at palepurple.co.uk
Tue May 1 15:18:43 BST 2012

On 1 May 2012, at 15:06, Ron Mitchell wrote:

> who knew! ;-)

me!

> As this was a new install from svn code $development = true; is clearly the current default.
> Can I suggest that's changed to $development = false;

Make it so then :-)

> Likewise with the new authentication options I would suggest the default is ldap rather than unauthenticated or if possible set to unauthenticated if someone choose the simple xampp install option during set-up and ldap if they choose the full install option. There's already examples of public facing sites out there where they've simply renamed demo.php to index.php and perhaps forgotten about that or not understood the implications.

Well, I/we can't win… but Static or Guest at least allow someone to quickly get started.

> David - did you get my message about additions to the moodle integration code? If so any suggested changes or shall I commit those two files?

I was thinking the auth object (Moodle.php, Ldap.php etc) should probably have a setOptions(array($stuff)) method added. This would allow you to pass in arbitrary things (e.g. for Moodle to specify roles) and so on - without having to hack the class/file itself - i.e. your changes would be restricted to config.php (which is what I'd expect/want)

I've not yet read your patches - feel free to merge them now however, I can always reform the code to do what I've detailed above when I Get time…

David.

Pale Purple Ltd.  (Company No: 5580814)
'Business Web Application Development and Training in PHP'

http://www.palepurple.co.uk
Office: 0845 0046746     Mobile: 07792380669

Follow us on Twitter: @PalePurpleLtd