[Xerte-dev] Re: HTML5 viewer

Kemp Johnathan johnathan.kemp at ntlworld.com
Sat Mar 31 11:50:29 BST 2012

It's looking good.

I don't have Firefox installed on my PC at present, but I viewed it in
Opera and Explorer 8 and the two versions both looked the same so I guess
it must be doing what it is supposed to do :-)

With respect to screen size 800 by 600 is a good default, but it can be
useful to be able to use larger sizes particularly if you are including
screen captures to demonstrate an application.

I don't know if it is worth considering this at the point when you are just
starting to create your models, but are you sizing things absolutely or
relatively? In the xerte rlm files many of the pages use absolute values
based on the default screen sizes e.g. assuming the default screen size of
800 x 600 a panel and text box might have width options for small, medium
and large. These values then equate to say 200, 400 and 600. They could be
set to screenWidth / 4, screenWidth / 2 etc. which would then scale
automatically if a new screen width was set for the project.

Just a thought.