[Xerte-dev] Re: New Build

David Goodwin david at palepurple.co.uk
Thu Mar 8 09:59:24 GMT 2012

On 8 Mar 2012, at 09:52, Pat Lockley wrote:

> But if it's only a list of the files replaced between versions then
> someone wanting to know which files to swap can do it really easily.

Surely we'd be better off telling people to download the .zip and extract it over the top of the existing site - just taking care not to overwrite index.php?

Alternatively the change log could look like :

Version 1.1 2015/01/25

 * config.php - fix issue with language loading
 * database_functions.php - add new methods
 * index.php - move to html5

Version 1.0 2013/02/26

 * /path/to/whatever.swf - new flash blah blah blah
 * path/to/something.xwd - new flash blah blah blah

and so on?

David.

Pale Purple Ltd.  (Company No: 5580814)
'Business Web Application Development and Training in PHP'

http://www.palepurple.co.uk
Office: 0845 0046746     Mobile: 07792380669

Follow us on Twitter: @PalePurpleLtd