[Xerte-dev] New Build

Julian Tenney Julian.Tenney at nottingham.ac.uk
Wed Mar 7 12:47:26 GMT 2012

Guys,

Have you got any bright ideas how we can accelerate the test and releasing of all the new work? I don't want to wait a month before we have a working trunk to start testing in earnest.

We've won some funding from JISC to do the HTML5 output: we don't need the new build available before we start that, but it would be good to have it pretty soon, and tie off this six monthly effort: loads of good work has gone into it, I'd like to keep the momentum going., and I'd like to launch the new xerte web site at the end of this month: it would be nice if those things all fitted together.

Because of the problems that occurred after I merged the files, I have no idea how much work it is to get to a working trunk I can more or less trust. I still wonder if it is quicker and easier for someone who knows the PHP better than I do to:

- revert 1.8 to the version Pat checked in and worked
- merge that into trunk with some knowledge of what's happening.

It seems daft to spend a lot of time putting things straight because I don't know how to solve the conflicts in the files and thus merged them crudely. Also, it's a long time to be without a working set of files to apply any other fixes to.

What can we do?