[Xerte-dev] enabling html for LO and page titles or size control for page title?

Ron Mitchell ronm at mitchellmedia.co.uk
Tue Jul 31 09:52:56 BST 2012

Hi all

I can't remember if we've discussed this before but could html be enabled
for LO title and/or page title or is there a reason it can't?

If for some reason html can't be enabled what about an LO optional property
controlling page title size throughout the LO?

The main reason I ask this is that it often crops up that people want to
have longer page titles than there is room for especially when a logo and
the help button is also in use. The help button is a useful feature and
underused but when added it does often mean that existing page titles don't
fit. I know there's an argument that page titles should be kept short but
sometimes for good reason they need to be slightly longer than there is
currently space for when the LO is viewed at 800 x 600 and a logo and help
button is also used. I think an optional LO page title size property would
accommodate this.

The question about enabling html would extend this further but I'm guessing
there's probably a reason that can't be enabled and vaguely recall we may
have discussed that previously.

Cheers