[Xerte-dev] Re: Export / Import

Pat Lockley patrick.lockley at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 26 13:12:00 BST 2012

The problem with posting file data via Ajax is that it is a bit dirty.
So for the file upload there is an empty 0 pixel iframe in the page.
All of the feedback is returned to the iframe, and a setInterval
watches the iframe for a text response.

For some reason in Chrome and Safari src="#" loads the page your are
on already, so when the code checks for a response, it already sees a
response and replies with the entire page (Simon from Cardiff's
problem).

But that problem didn't occur in IE or FF (or opera) - so I don't know
if the src="#" had some mythical properties, or if src="" leads to
browsers being confused. It might even be a https issue.

So I would test it in everything / and on XAMPP