[Xerte-dev] Re: Exporting Deployment Zip

Ron Mitchell ronm at mitchellmedia.co.uk
Tue Jul 17 13:14:01 BST 2012

I've compared how this currently works with 1.8 and previous versions but
wouldn't really know where to start to fix it...

In previous versions and in 1.8 clicking publish via the editor window or by
clicking ok when prompted to publish after closing the editor window works
fine and works whether the project is set to public or not. e.g. works as it
should.

However in 1.8 when clicking publish with the project selected in the
workspace the publishproperties window opens but the publish button is
inactive if the project is private and when set to public the publish button
disappears altogether.

In 1.7 when clicking publish with the project selected in the workspace the
publishproperties window opens and the publish button is inactive if the
project is private but when set to public the publish button is then active
and works.

I think publish should work whether the project is public or not - as it
does when publishing via the editor window. e.g. the owner might want to
export and deploy outside of toolkits rather than making public from
toolkits.

Not sure why the button now disappears when the LO is made public in 1.8.
However opening the project in the editor and publishing from there works
fine.