[Xerte-dev] Selection of appropriate models on which to base the new international ready model files

Kemp Johnathan johnathan.kemp at ntlworld.com
Tue Jan 31 13:54:29 GMT 2012

Following my recent testing of the embed content page I have had occasion
to update my copy of the XOT svn.

I also updated my Xerte svn copy and then compared the models in the
following folders using winmerge

xerte svn\templates\pageTemplates\models

and

XOT svn\modules\xerte\parent_templates\Nottingham\models

There are differences between the two versions of the following files with
the most recent being indicated against each file

dragDropLabel.rlm         x
embedDiv.rlm                xot
hotspotImage.rlm           xot
jmol.rlm                          xot
memory.rlm                     xot
textGraphics.rlm             xot
textSWF.rlm                  xot
textVideo.rlm                xot
thumbnailViewer.rlm     x
youtuberss.rlm               x

I have been using the pageTemplates models as my source for developing the
languaged versions of the files and monitoring changes to the pageTemplates
models against a baseline snapshot taken before I started the work.

As I develop the new model files I am including support for projects with
multiple page definitions. Whilst this will be neutral in impact to XOT
based pages in terms of their performance it will, until the changeover is
completed, make comparison between the previous files and the new versions
a little more complicated as every reference to the data structure is
modified e.g.

templatedata.quiz[0] becomes templatedata.quiz[projPI]

in XOT projects projPI gets set to 0 at the start of the page.

You can view completed examples in the xerte svn in pageWizards/models/

So where should I be looking for the most appropriate version of the files
to use and how do we manage the current situation in which changes are
taking place, in two different places?

How am I to know which version to use and when a change should be
implemented in the languaged version of the files?

I don't want to produce a set of files that omits important changes that
have been made, but at present I don't know which version of the files I
should use or when a change should be incorporated in the files I am
developing.