[Xerte-dev] TTS error

Ron Mitchell ronm at mitchellmedia.co.uk
Thu Jan 26 16:42:50 GMT 2012

Hi all

just been testing some additional TTS voices on Windows 7 and out of
curiosity tested how they worked with a Xerte LO too and to begin with used
the Notting page_560 example http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/toolkits/play_560
and then I tested with one of my own LO's randomly selected
http://mitchellmedia.co.uk/moodle/xertetoolkits/play_120

It seems an error as crept in at some point with the TTS reading of
navigation elements...

on the 560 lo

table of contents is read as "undefined"

volume control get's selected when tabbing but doesn't get read

bottom right contents button gets read as "table of contents"

on 120 lo

toc and continue get read correctly

volume control get's selected when tabbing but doesn't get read

Mine is not a completely up-to-date install so it seems like this error may
have crept in recently?

HTH