[Xerte-dev] Re: New models and quiz

Kemp Johnathan johnathan.kemp at ntlworld.com
Tue Feb 28 12:26:30 GMT 2012

Sorry, I missed the ball being in my court and did not want to appear pushy
:-)

We discussed this in a thread entitled "Re: Interactive Diagram Page
(customHotspots.rlm)"

The last discussions left me, perhaps wrongly, with the impression that you
would be carrying out some further work.

In my postings I had tried to convey a preference for user defined sections
that could be collapsed or expanded by the author when using the form,
rather than having a single additional area that was either displayed or
not displayed - as once displayed we are still back to a form that may be
significantly larger than the page.

However I also wanted to convey my appreciation that you might not be in a
position to commit the time necessary to implement this and that I would
accept whatever solution you were able to offer in the time available.

My post of the 3rd Feb that begins "I'm sorry I was unavailable yesterday
afternoon and evening and was not able to respond to you sooner." provides
a sample xwd script that demonstrates how I thought it might be implemented
from the xwd form definition perspective.  In theory any node defined in an
xwd could be for display purposes be split into sections each of which
could be expanded or contracted, by the author to edit their content.

Do you think you might be able in the time available to implement something
like that?

Is the ball in my court regarding the resolution of the problem regarding
the consuming of the xwd name property for use as the page title and for
populating the TOC in a xerte desktop page project - because if it is I'm
afraid my racket has just bust several strings ;-)