[Xerte-dev] dumb question about variables and xerte content page type....

Ron Mitchell ronm at mitchellmedia.co.uk
Tue Feb 28 11:39:18 GMT 2012

Hi

this is probably a dumb question that I should know the answer to and I'm
sure I'm doing or missing something stupid - my only excuse - been a bit
under the weather :-(

I'm testing adding a couple of model files via xerte content to an XOT
project. In the first model I want to capture text entries and store in a
variable(s) and then access what was entered in the other model imported to
a separate and later page. But I'm struggling to pick up those variables in
the second model/page.

I've tried _root.myvariablename=myrs.text; _level0.myvariablename=myrs.text;
_global.myvariablename=myrs.text;

What am I missing? Is it something to do with the way xerte content pages
are loaded?

Cheers